Thành viên mới
- Recent events have increased pressure on our highly complex and expensive healthcare system, making it more urgent to lower costs.
- One reason for high costs is administrative waste. Providers face a huge array of usage and billing requirements from multiple payers, which makes it necessary to hire costly administrative help for billing and reimbursements.
- Americans pay almost four times as much for pharmaceutical drugs as citizens of other developed countries.
- Hospitals, doctors, and nurses all charge more in the U.S. than in other countries, with hospital costs increasing much faster than professional salaries.
- In other countries, prices for drugs and healthcare are at least partially controlled by the government. In the U.S. prices depend on market forces.